Q&A Fire box lining

QandA Posted By QandA, Oct 5, 2001 at 2:20 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QandA

    New Member 2.
    Staff Member

    Nov 27, 2012

    I need to reline the fire box of my Trolla wood burning stove. The makers have ceased trading and iron liners are no linger used. Similar new stoves are now lined with a one-inch thick pale brownish granular-looking material. Do you know the name of this material so that I might locate a supplier in the UK? Thanks in advance


    This is probably refractory cement, which is available at many hardware stores or masonry supplies. It can be purchased as a "castable" material which can be molded, or as thin "firebricks" that may be able to be mounted inside your stove. You can also use both...the firebricks to take up most of the room and the cement to hold them in.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page