Fire brick question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Disturbed1

Feb 11, 2018
Illinois
Do I need to put Fire brick in my new wood stove? It says not to elevate the fire or put a grate in it but I know a lot of people use fire brick no matter what.

Do I need to put Fire brick in my new wood stove? It says not to elevate the fire or put a grate in it but I know a lot of people use fire brick no matter what.
Does your stove have firebrick in it?

Normally this would be the perfect spot for one of my Manlyisms, but I will refrain. Disturbed what make and style is said stove? Without information and details we are talking apples and zebras here.

But generally you dont add anything to the stove. Burn it as it came.

Similar to putting a brick in your toilet tank. Less water. Less fire.

Reactions: xman23
No it doesn't. It's a U.S. Stove brand logwood.
I would really consider a different stove. That stove is made from such poor quality castings it is pretty dangerous.