1. brenndatomu

brenndatomu
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2013
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    I can think of one big red flaw...;) :p ;lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    woodey likes this.
  2. Tparks

Tparks
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 26, 2019
    Loc:
    Pa
  3. Mrpelletburner

Mrpelletburner
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 20, 2011
    Loc:
    Mass
    I know you were told that you have the perfect setup, not trying to debate the setup. What I have found that gets the most traction, whether with HY-C or folks on this forum is to post photos and videos.

Personally I use my phone and take photos just about every time I walk over to the stove. I have a 4 channel digital temp meter with thermal couples recording different points of the setup and a webcam.

I do send at least 1 to 3 emails a day to HY-C, even on the weekends ;) because wood burning is a 24/7 deal. I am sure somewhere in the warehouse at HY-C my photo is on a dart board.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    brenndatomu and woodey like this.
  4. Medic21

Medic21
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Feb 26, 2017
    Loc:
    Northern Indiana
    BWAHAHAHA!!!!!

sloeffle and brenndatomu like this.
  5. Tparks

Tparks
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 26, 2019
    Loc:
    Pa
    Just talked to fire chief and they told me to seal up my cold air return with the filter supposedly I am getting too much cold air into the fire box go home tonight and fix it hopefully

6. Mrpelletburner

Mrpelletburner
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 20, 2011
    Loc:
    Mass
    What?? Seal up the cold air return? Distribution blower?

7. Tparks

Tparks
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 26, 2019
    Loc:
    Pa
    My cold air return needs to be connected to the filter as of now its just sitting behind it the company that installed it didn't build a sealed box for it so instead of just getting the air from the duct work I'm also getting colder air from the basement which is causing too much cold air entering the fire box

8. maple1

maple1
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 15, 2011
    Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    They are stringing you along.

sloeffle likes this.
  9. Tparks

Tparks
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 26, 2019
    Loc:
    Pa
    Probably but gotta try it I have all the parts from my old stove for this

10. Mrpelletburner

Mrpelletburner
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 20, 2011
    Loc:
    Mass
    I don’t know your basement layout or how cold the basement is, therefore it is hard to say they are stringing you along. However I have been told the same exact thing.

I don’t have a return duct connected, just pulling air from the basement. I do have a couple digital temperature gages placed around the basement and one prob between the distribution blower and air filter. The average basement temperature is between 73 and 79 degrees and the prob typically measures 74 degrees.

I believe the large black embers against the rear wall is from cool distribution blower temperatures.

IMG_1493.jpg

11. Tparks

Tparks
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 26, 2019
    Loc:
    Pa
    My basement is usually around 62 64 and all the coals are black when you don't feed the fire