Firebricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newtoHomestead

Jan 10, 2011
Munster, IN
I am a new owner of a Hearthstone Homestead soapstone stove. The inside back of the firebox has 4 firebricks. Two are to the left of the 3" cast iron pipe and two are to the right. To the far right and the far left there are one inch openings not covered by the firebrick. I cannot find a picture of how the inside is supposed to look. Is what I have described the way it is supposed to be? Seems like a lot of non-covered area.

I am going to guess that is how it is supposed to be. It's how mine is.

Is this a new stove? You could ask the dealer, or you could go look at another one.

I have to admit, when we bought ours, I didn't bother to look to see if it looked to be assembled properly, just figured it was.

Oh, and welcome to the Hearth.

Better than buying firebricks, it's not that difficult to mould your own from vermiculite mixed with cement.

And a warm welcome to the forum from here too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.