Fireplace Hysteria

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldeNativeGuy

Sep 12, 2006
www.oldenative.com
Hi people.

I am a territory manager for an outdoor kitchen manufacturer. Primarily I deal with various home builders and we handle all of their outdoor kitchen projects on new home builds. Recently my company has made the decision to move into indoor fireplaces within the same market. I know nothing about indoor fireplace...direct vent, b-vent, vent free....my head hurts! Not to mention building codes. Can anyone suggest an information source on indoor fireplaces? A "fireplace 101" if you will. Thanks in advance.

OldeNativeGuy said:
Hi people.

I am a territory manager for an outdoor kitchen manufacturer. Primarily I deal with various home builders and we handle all of their outdoor kitchen projects on new home builds. Recently my company has made the decision to move into indoor fireplaces within the same market. I know nothing about indoor fireplace...direct vent, b-vent, vent free....my head hurts! Not to mention building codes. Can anyone suggest an information source on indoor fireplaces? A "fireplace 101" if you will. Thanks in advance.

hearth.com?

OldeNativeGuy said:
Hi people.

Also, your region is important. There tends to be differences in terms of what is commonly used - Souhern Ca., for instance is often gas logs in wood fireplaces or B-Vent, which up here in cold country, Direct Vent/

You can find a lot of info here in the Q and A section and some intro in the articles area:
https://www.hearth.com/what/specific.html

Old Native Guy, Your best direction would be to post where you are located (city and State). Someone can then direct you to a local wholesale distributor who can discuss your local market situation, product trends,and provide training. Most wholesale distributors will sell you product at low qty's or even one at a time to get you started.

Status
Not open for further replies.