Fireplace insert faceplate help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RenoMac

Jan 4, 2006
Could anyone tell me the proper way to install an insert face plate. The guy that is doing ours wants to drill into the actual insert and mount the faceplate to it. Is that the proper way or is there a better way. Any help would be appreciated before the drilling begins.

Thank you

Reno

Usually there are holes there made by the manufacturer. Is this a custom surround? Is there a convection chamber? If he's just drilling into the convection chamber with some self tapping sheet metal screws I wouldn't be too concerned.

Shane:

That is exactly what he is doing. There are no holes. He is jsut going to drill some and then use the self tapping screws. Younput my mind at rest.
Thank you for your time.
Reno

Status
Not open for further replies.