Fireplace insert in a heatilator pre fab fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McQueen

Dec 4, 2013
TN
I have a heatilator model NA42, I would like to get a fireplace insert to go in it, if this is possible. Could anyone give me any feedback on this?

I have a heatilator model NA42, I would like to get a fireplace insert to go in it, if this is possible. Could anyone give me any feedback on this?

It can be done. Take the measurements of the opening...Height, width & depth & go to your local hearthshop. You will need to have an insulated SS liner dropped down your existing flue,. You may have to remove the refractories if the insert is tight. Regency also makes a Heart Heater which can be installed in FRONT of your ZC box...

Reactions: etiger2007
Can it be done with my existing flue? When I installed my unit the flue had to be off set coming off the top of the firebox, so I can't slide a SS liner the full length of my flue.

Status
Not open for further replies.