Fireplace pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tbreed07

Oct 21, 2023
Hays, KS
I removed an old 1980s prefab fireplace and cut the pipe to do so. Now I am trying to figure out how to get the bottom section removed. I can't figure out how it comes apart or what brand it would be. I attached pics, any suggestions would be appreciated!

20231111_083336.jpg 20231111_083409.jpg 20231111_083405.jpg

Detach it from the prefab and lift up.

So unfortunately I already cut it with a sawzall so now I have to detach the section that I cut cut doesn't seem like it wants to twist off, can't figure out how to detach that piece.

Can you post a picture of the prefab ZC top where the chimney pipe is attached?

Can the remaining chimney be lifted out of the top of the chase?

Yes I could but I'd like to use the pipe that is there and just figure out how to detach the bottom section to add to it
You need to find a label to figure out what brand pipe it is if fittings are available and if it's rated for the required temps needed for a woodstove