Fireview is IN!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

akennyd

Hearth Supporter
Aug 19, 2009
North Carolina
After having my fireview for a year now, I finally was able to install it yesterday!! Praise the Lord!!

Burned a few well seasoned pine splits and just a few pine and spruce lumber scraps yesterday evening and last night. There's still a lot of learning to do but overall everything went pretty well. (Thanks to all who posted their experiences with the fireview!!! The learning curve would have been much steeper without reading your posts!) I was really surprised at how sensitive the damper is when you have it throttled down and the cat lit. An 1/8 of an inch opened or closed makes the difference between having visible flame and no flame at all. I also installed a cat thermometer in mine and I am glad I did, it seems to give a much better indication of where the cat temps are at. I set my stove up outside last year and did the burn in fires and was never happy using the top thermometer, just too much lag IMHO...

One thing I know for sure is that the heat didn't come on once in the old part of our house and we were much warmer!!

Again, many thanks to Slow, Todd and Savage (and any others I have spoken to on here).

Kenny <>{

Glad you got the insall done, enjoy it !!!

BAH!!

Pictures, or I am starting a thread stating you heat your house with the oven door open!!

Glad you got it in, and it's working out well. I don't know a darn thing about metal stoves, but I know we love our big hot rock..

Congrats, your going to love that Fireview heat. I agree, those air setting adjustments are very touchy at times. I took a slim artist brush and painted the markings with white high heat paint for better visibility and also put another line half way between the 0 and 1.

DD-I'll try to get some pics posted soon, I like seeing them as well.

Todd-That's a good idea. Where do you call 1 at on the lever (at the top, the bottom or middle of the arm)? Just moving the lever the width of the lever can make a difference. :^)

Kenny <>{

akennyd said:
Todd-That's a good idea. Where do you call 1 at on the lever (at the top, the bottom or middle of the arm)? Just moving the lever the width of the lever can make a difference. :^)

Kenny <>{

Top of the lever arm. I also painted that white as well.

Enjoy the new stove....I'm sure your glad you didn't wait another season before installing...

Kenny, it pleases me to know you finally have that Fireview up and running. You did a heap of research on this stove before buying and it will pay you big dividends. Picture will be appreciated also as you continue to burn, please let us know how it is doing or if you have any more questions.

I hope the pictures you post are as good as your avatar! That's a neat one for sure.

Thanks to all and I will post some pics in a day or two...

Dennis, thanks for all of the info in the past! It hasn't been that cold yet here in North Carolina but I'm still enjoying small fires in the stove and the extra heat, the flames are just amazing to watch and the kids are enjoying it too!! Thanks for the comment on the avatar, I think you are the first to comment on it.

Take care,

Kenny <>{

You are welcome Kenny. I'm sure others have noticed but just have not commented on your avatar.

Congrats! Glad you were able to get it running and are pleased so far.

Congrats on the stove! However I clicked on this link wanting to see pictures.......

Status
Not open for further replies.