Firewood delivery!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clemsonfor

Minister of Fire
Dec 15, 2011
Greenwood county, SC
Look what I saw yesterday at the gas station. This 3 cords or whatever is on this truck must be worth a fortune.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386266785300.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386266785300.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 381
i figured that stash would come out of the back of a armored car

Reactions: clemsonfor
The worker guy problly is like, there is another of those internet obsessed firewood guys. Pretty sure he saw me take the oic. Sure looks like he is looking!

I think there at that location there $4.99 or $5.99? Have to look next time. I'm interested in what the seller gets that's delivering them. Should of asked.

If you can get the outlet, it is possible to make a few dollars, but that does not interest me. It might have in my younger years though.

Reactions: PapaDave
Most of the those bundles at the retail level add up to about $1200 a cord. I am not sure what they go for at the wholesale level, but would guess around $3/bundle. Can't see it being to profitable for less than that. Interesting use of the potato type bags vs the shrink wrap around here.

Last year the same station used plastic bags to put The wood in. Like the same bag they put mulch in but smaller.

photo (5).JPG I saw this outside a NYC lumber yard last summer. I wonder what it sold for. Delivery must have been a real PIA.

Bet they paid $300 easy for it

Status
Not open for further replies.