Firewood Hauler Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have hauled 8 cords this year in my Sienna minivan, like others here. This week my wife took it to the airport as I was going to drive more than just the one roundtrip. Of course, we then get 40mph gusts. With my keen scrounge-fu I manage to find a tree that was down and had been chopped by the town and left. This weeks hauler was therefore the Honda Fit......

BrotherBart said:
bruce56bb said:
why does it seem like everyone else on this board has a backhoe and dump truck except me? i'm jealous!

I know. Seeing all of this stuff makes me think that I have been lugging wood with a jackass and a sleigh.

maybe after I get over this surgery and we get the mules all harnessed up I may take a couple shots of skidding logs with the mules.

Elderthewelder said:
My 87 Yota 1 ton Dually with a 9x6 Knapheide flatbed and Tommy lift

P10100072.gif

P10100112.gif

I was wonderin' how you got those monster rounds into the truck, 'till I rr-read and saw "Tommy Lift."

Peace,
- Sequoia

crazy_dan said:
BrotherBart said:
bruce56bb said:
why does it seem like everyone else on this board has a backhoe and dump truck except me? i'm jealous!

I know. Seeing all of this stuff makes me think that I have been lugging wood with a jackass and a sleigh.

maybe after I get over this surgery and we get the mules all harnessed up I may take a couple shots of skidding logs with the mules.

how much wood is that?

I can pull it with my ATV and not have a lot of tongue weight, it will also turn much easier, and when I'm using a tractor I can
lift my bucket up to dump the trailer.

Alberta Burner said:
I picked this up when the inlaws moved off the farm.

Now that is a utility tractor. How tall are your garage doors?

I think you all saw mine last year. '70 F350. Factory (non dumping) Platform/Stake bed.
CatherineSt4-30.jpg

93 F-250 4x4, 460, auto. Trailer is 5' x 10' tilt bed.

Attachments

• wood2.jpg
    wood2.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 634
Trying to post a photo for the first time !!! If it works then you will see my wood hauler

Attachments

• picture 266 (2).jpg
    picture 266 (2).jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 656
Ok now here is another one. Boy, if I can get this photo thing figured out I could be really dangerous!!!!

Attachments

• Picture 267.jpg
    Picture 267.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 645
NHFarmer said:
Trying to post a photo for the first time !!! If it works then you will see my wood hauler

Sweet pic and by far the best way to get logs from the woods to the shed.

I have one of thease on the way, it'll be here Teursday- I'm so stoked; now I can reach the remote areas I've only dreamed of with the truck.

Attachments

• 161291_ts.jpg
    161291_ts.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 528
WoodMann said:
I have one of thease on the way, it'll be here Teursday...
Is that an non-committal Tuesday/Thursday or a misspelled tears day? Who sells that bad boy and how much?

Oops- how did that happen? Teusday is the day; Here's where I got mine; http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/yukon-tracks-2-trailer-ball-hitch-kit.aspx?a=524420

It costs $439.00 and a good deal on shipping. After considering building one, looking at plans and thinking I'd hafta hunt everything down I figured I'd bite the bullet and have a decent peice of equipment in the aresenol. Here's another something I plan to acquire.............

Attachments

• 3599008.jpg
    3599008.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 482
NHFarmer said:

I picked up one of those Farmi skidding attachments at an auction a couple years back cheap as noone new what it was. I was going to sell it on ebay and make a quick buck untill I used it. It is the greatest thing for getting logs out of those wet spots. I don't think it saves time but does make the job alot easier. pull them to a landing, buck them up and thow them into the truck.
leaddog

hope this works

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 514
leaddog said:
I picked up one of those Farmi skidding attachments at an auction a couple years back cheap as noone new what it was.

You are one lucky leaddog. I've seen a dozen of them at auctions over the past few years and they always get within a few hundred bucks of new. A friend of mine has one and it saves a lot of time and equipment abuse in rough steep terrain. Also makes things possible in the winter that otherwise would be undoable.

from another thread but wth

Attachments

• IMG_0740.jpg
    IMG_0740.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 439
SolarAndWood said:
leaddog said:
I picked up one of those Farmi skidding attachments at an auction a couple years back cheap as noone new what it was.

You are one lucky leaddog. I've seen a dozen of them at auctions over the past few years and they always get within a few hundred bucks of new. A friend of mine has one and it saves a lot of time and equipment abuse in rough steep terrain. Also makes things possible in the winter that otherwise would be undoable.

Yes they are a life saver, Works so nice getting everything to the logging trail, hook up a few at once and back to the processing area where we cut and split.

bruce56bb said:
lets see the wood haulers! mine is just a little on the nasty side but is actually very dependable and i don't have to worry about scratching it.
78 chevy 1/2t 4x4.

She aint much but she's all i got

Attachments

• wood wagon.jpg
    wood wagon.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 417
Flatbedford said:
raven said:
hope this works

It worked. Nice Bumpside there. What year is it? Did you check out www.fordification.com yet?

Flatbed its a 68, i bought it off of an old guy that had taken a cab over camper off of it, it had 60,000 miles on it.
I had hoped to have it torn down and soda blasted this summer , not going to happen this yr. Think ill go to fordification and check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.