firewood hoop/ring holder...how many day supply?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksCoBernie

Feeling the Heat
Oct 8, 2008
Im about to burn for the first time in the next couple of weeks. Right now I have an iron hoop, standard size, holding wood on my porch for easy access. how many days of firewood would you guess that the hoop holds if you're burning 24/7 in a 2000sqft house w decent insulation?

Im thinking about getting a 2nd hoop for the porch instead of stacking it directly on the concrete...plus it would look nicer imo.

I would guess a couple days but why don't you let us know in November. :cheese:

BucksCoBernie said:
Im about to burn for the first time in the next couple of weeks. Right now I have an iron hoop, standard size, holding wood on my porch for easy access. how many days of firewood would you guess that the hoop holds if you're burning 24/7 in a 2000sqft house w decent insulation?

Im thinking about getting a 2nd hoop for the porch instead of stacking it directly on the concrete...plus it would look nicer imo.

thats to hard to say how many cube feet does it hold

I have two on my front porch. They each hold about 2 or 3 days worth for me.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 611
I have one hoop and burning 24x7 it's about 2, maybe 2.5 days in a 2000 sq/ft home. I stacked additional wood carefully on the covered deck to make up a weeks worth of wood.

This year I am building my own wood holder that will hold 7 days. It's two 4x4's about 6 ft long laid on the deck 16" apart with 5ft re-bar on the ends. It will hold a little less than 1/3 of a cord if stacked up to the top (5ft). This should be enough for 1 week. I'll use the existing hoop for small rounds and kindling.

Attachments

• burn supply.JPG
    burn supply.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 530
I have two of the hoops from HD for like 15$ each. I really like them. One is filled to the brim with kindling and the other with splits. The splits last 2-3 days but I don't want to run out so I usually refill every other evening after work. The kindling hoop will last about half the season.

In the summer I pop the bottom spreader bar off and hang the hoop on a nail in the barn.

I have the hoop from HD that's about 40" tall or so. In the fall it holds about a full weeks worth. Dead winter it feeds an Oslo for three days.

Yeah figure the large hoop for two days. Same size hoop and house here.

Status
Not open for further replies.