Firewood OCD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job, way to turn a hobby into some cash.....I'd like to sell alittle of mine while still building up my supply....congrats

Only load of firewood I bought here the guy arrived with a stake-side trailer loaded with the wood, stacked tight. Trailer had one cord, fair and square, and verified on delivery. 2 year dry DF too. No BS. The best firewood cord I have ever seen or bought. One cord of dry firewood. Lasted nearly 2 months.

Last year I ordered from a reputable nursery who advertises on their website that all their wood is stored indoors, seasoned, and arrives ready to burn. Not the cheapest prices, but I didn't want to go the CL route. They stacked me a 1/2 cord, and it was completely green. Called them to complain, and they said they would bring me some dry wood. I expected them to take the wet, and leave me the dry ... nope ... they left me the wet, and gave me another 1/2 cord plus of really dry oak, and a nice pile of kindling. The wet they left me last season is now ready for this season. If I'm in a pinch, and have to buy wood, these are the guys I'm ordering from again.

Reactions: BillLion
Last year I ordered from a reputable nursery who advertises on their website that all their wood is stored indoors, seasoned, and arrives ready to burn. Not the cheapest prices, but I didn't want to go the CL route. They stacked me a 1/2 cord, and it was completely green. Called them to complain, and they said they would bring me some dry wood. I expected them to take the wet, and leave me the dry ... nope ... they left me the wet, and gave me another 1/2 cord plus of really dry oak, and a nice pile of kindling. The wet they left me last season is now ready for this season. If I'm in a pinch, and have to buy wood, these are the guys I'm ordering from again.

Sounds good. Mistakes happen, could be the new guy loaded up the truck from the wrong pile or something. Glad to hear they made it more than right for you.

pen

Wow, green wood. Cannot say that I would buy from an outfit like that, once burned... The Doug fir I got was off of CL was about the cheapest available. It was $175 for the cord, delivered. I was blown away that the guy was a retired forester, and he lives about 5 miles from here. Most of the wood goons out here are rather unsavory types that I would just as soon not know.

Last edited by a moderator:
MrA
I would stick to the $300.00 per cord and charge for delivery. And extra for stacking. Hold out for the people who didnt plan and those who run out of wood in February.
If the wood is truely seasoned its worth every penny. You will get what you ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.