Firewood Storage Pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
what model tractor is that?

If you're talking to me, it's my Kubota L4330 with a Skid Steer Attachment Depot 48" grapple and LMC HD box blade. What that pic shows is how I now buck logs; I have the grapple hold the log at waist high, makes it extremely easy to buck logs.

If you're talking to me, it's my Kubota L4330 with a Skid Steer Attachment Depot 48" grapple and LMC HD box blade. What that pic shows is how I now buck logs; I have the grapple hold the log at waist high, makes it extremely easy to buck logs.

Nice. I have been toying with the idea of buying a L3750, but just the bucket and the backhoe... i really have no use for it after my initial project of digging out some stumps and re-grading the back yard.

eh71fpom.jpg

This is my non ventilated wood shed. I leave the door closed. It gets hot in there, and water vapor passes through the wooden walls. I can dry hickory in 10 months to 17 percent moisture content.

It is 8 x 12, it looks small but you would be surprised how much wood fits in there, I stack it 6 feet high.

K8XcMJGm.jpg

I also have this pile beneath the kitchen window. This is oak and locust. Takes two years for this wood to dry, it gets a lot of morning sunshine, plus a lot of wind.

That’s a lot of wood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats only part of it.. I didnt includ the 9 cords of white oak in log lenth thats waiting at my brothers that i cut down. Its in piles waiting to be cut into rounds. Will be working on this come January