first fire of the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iron

Minister of Fire
Sep 23, 2015
southeast kootenays
my MIL was complaining that the house was too cold (64F) and that my newborn baby would be happier with a fire to warm things up.

who am i to argue?
IMG_7151.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
When our babies were young, we knew they were not warm blooded like the wife and I are yet, so we kept the heat up just for them. I would never hesitate to start a fire for the sake of the little ones. It's just great parenting. And also, any excuse to light the fire makes me happy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great pic! First fire is still a few weeks away here I think, also no babies in the house anymore. Good job keeping the house warm for the little one!

Precious picture. We had our first fire the same day. It was just plain cold.

P.S. Never a good idea to argue with the MIL anyway;) Nice family.

My house is too well insulated. It's supposed to drop to the low 40's tonight. House has been 73° all day. I thought maybe I could wake up tomorrow and need to take the chill out with a quick fire. Don't think it's in the cards.

Great pic OP. I'm jelly.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Many nights I still find my kids either laying or sleeping by the woodstove during the winter months. Just love it :)

Many nights I still find my kids either laying or sleeping by the woodstove during the winter months. Just love it :)

:) Take lots of pics and treasure the memories. It's amazing how fast those days go by...

Reactions: toddnic
My house is too well insulated. It's supposed to drop to the low 40's tonight. House has been 73° all day. I thought maybe I could wake up tomorrow and need to take the chill out with a quick fire. Don't think it's in the cards.

Great pic OP. I'm jelly.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
i think the house was colder than normal since i currently have all the basement floors and walls exposed to bare concrete. i'm in the process of remodeling and reinsulating. we'll see how warm it stays once we're wrapped by 3" walls of XPS and airsealed.

Love that picture and love the feeling of the first fire. Last night my daughter was trying to convince me to light a fire, I'm still sleeping with the windows opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.