First Fire!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tappedandtagged

Sep 18, 2020
SW, Arkansas
I came here looking for information late last year for a stove for my new home we were building. Well, 7 months later, South AR had a cold snap on the weekend I moved in. Couldn't help it and had to build a small fire to get the chill out of our new home.

Thanks to everyone for all the information. The Drolet Columbia II is perfect.

Nice looking stove and fire. Good secondary flames. I've benefitted immensely from the wisdom on this site too! Nice to have you on board!

What a nice wood stove and beautiful blond bricks and someday that's what I might have behind my stove--how nice--I have not lite my first fire yet not quiet ready but good for you--so pretty--don't know primary from secondary but they sure look pretty..clancey

The secondary burn is those flames that you see burning from the top of the stove. They appear to be burning down. The secondary air tubes at the top of the fire box feed the air to ignite burnable gasses.

Reactions: Prof
When I fire up my wood stove I will ask you xman23 to tell me all about the flame--wonderful--I hope I get nice secondaries. But it might be awhile yet and I will let everybody know when the time is "right"...need to attend to a few things first like getting "dry wood" and having a nice place to put it in the yard--thinking of building a little wood shed the second week of June or not??? thanks..clancey