First post

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missing link

Sep 17, 2008
W.Wareham,Ma
Hi It's ML
Been heating my house (one level ranch) for the past 25 yrs with wood with a Dutchwest 224ccl Fedral Airtight with a straight through the ceiling double wall stove pipe 18'.
I want to switch to biobricks and some hardwood at times I'm getting older and would like the ease of loading the bricks.
Is it true the bricks will last longer than a cord of seasoned wood ( ton vs. cord) I usually burn 3 1/2 cords a season . My stove is tight and clean.
I'm glad I found this site I lurked for a while , any know of bio brick dealers here in SE Ma. I have a P/U truck and can pick up pallets

Don't get Bio Bricks round here, but I have read they burn hot. Be careful how many you put in there and don't break them up once burning.
This will also bump your post up and hopefully someone familiar with them will respond.

try ---- bio-bricks---- in berlin ct. they may sell them where you are.

John

ML look for close out deals on bio bricks in the early early spring when the big box stores want to clear space then stock up. Yeah they do burn a little on the hot side but if you've been burning that long you can manage it OK...I can see the appeal of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.