First stove...craigslist

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danderson

Oct 30, 2008
Eastern, PA
been shopping craigslist...has anyone ever heard of a Pennfield II...no idea who the maker is but thinking of going with a Dutch Western or Englander

Well it's been over 9 hours and no reply, so I may as well try to bump this back to the top.

Pennfield II . . . nope, but I haven't been here at hearth.com that long . . . maybe some wood burning veterans will be able to help you out.

Dutchwest . . . just offering you the standard advice on this one since I also have no personal experience. Do the research before you buy. Do a search on Dutchwest and Vermont Castings. You'll find that they've had some ownership issues lately and some folks have had some problems with quality control and warranty work.

Englander . . . again, no personal experience, but many folks that use the Englanders here seem to love them. Seems to me that they're kind of like a Toyota Camry -- no real frills and nothing spectacular to look at, but they're reasonably priced, reliable and work well.

Found some pics of one - this might be from the same ad you're looking at, so I didn't post the whole ad. But, IMHO - it's a decent looking stove, put looks to be way (Waaay!) pre EPA. It will certainly make heat, but I think you'd be much happier with something a little later model. It would be much more efficient and easy to burn.

12114513aZZZZZZZZZ8a1e8a7bdaedfa71323.jpg

1fa144138ZZZZZZZZZ8a1cda95a88d628132a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.