First Timer - Regency I2400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital-kid

Nov 11, 2014
Florida, NY
Hello all you fine people. I have been browsing here for a while and finally pulled the trigger on a Regency I2400 insert. I gotta say it's been exceeding my expectations so far. All the advice on wood choice, to loading, to damper control has been so helpful. Thank you all!

I have a couple of questions though. Mostly about the burn cycle. Right now I am under the impression that it should go like this more or less.

1) Startup - Get all the wood burning good, lots of flames.
2) Warmup - Reduce air, get secondaries going to heat up the box, less flames.
3) Cruising - Reduce air fully secondaries diminish, some flames from wood, but also diminish
4) Charcoal phase - Damper fully closed, glowing embers, this can go on for hours.

Is this a pretty good way to go? This is what I see so far based on my VERY limited knowledge.

Thanks again to all. Happy burning!

I would say that is pretty much what most of us do . . . although most of us dial down the air, get sustained secondaries and then don't bother with the air control until we're ready to do the reload.

In a charcoal phase if I am home and I want a bit more heat I might open air again.

hey guys, im new to the pellet stove world...heres my issue as everyone has, my question isn't answered.. I have a Harman accentra 2 pellet stove, my issue is I cleaned it out yesterday and It suddenly stopped working, I have replaced the pressure sensor and the eps. no dice. the combustion blower and the feeder wont function, they were fine before I cleaned, all holes cleaned in fire box, I don't see/ have door sensors for lid or front door I jumped the old and new pressure and the auger starts moving, im lost I give up. I don't want to pay some guy an arm and a leg to do this.. please help.. I have no heat the house is a recent buy. its starting to get too cold for my animals...direct email is [email protected] Ive spent the last 2 days trying everything every forum said. I don't get why I cleaned it and the stupid thing stopped working tearing my hair out!!!!

Hi there, congrats on the Regency purchase - I just put ours in a month ago. I've been doing about the same burn cycle as you but I agree with prezes13 about opening up the air to burn out the coals for extra heat at the end. When I've had a big build up of coals, I'll even crack the door slightly to really burn them off and that gives another hour or so of good heat before a reload.

I'm still learning the sweet spots on the i2400 but I managed to get some long sustained secondaries tonight by alternating my loads perpendicular and parallel to the brick (wall) on each level. The last trio of big, unsplit oak logs I threw on has been burning for over 5 hours and is just starting to peter out.

Anyway, I think you've got it just about right but, if you're like me, you're realizing how much wood you need to start sourcing for next year! Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.