Fiskars "Unbreakable" handles...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sisu said:
...So if you try to recreate the scenario in their ad picture and break the handle, you will be hooped.

If you exactly reproduce the conditions shown in the ad picture, the handle won't break...that's the whole point of their ad.

Its a composite handle, how much can it cost? Seriously.
Prolly cost 5cents to mass produce in China. So kind of them to replace it for free.

Hogwildz said:
Prolly cost 5cents to mass produce in China. So kind of them to replace it for free.

Even if they (the handles) were available someplace to the user/consumer (which, to my knowledge, they're not), removing the handle (or remnants thereof) from your tool and installing a new handle would be a real challenging project. The handle is fastened to the head by threaded fasteners through the top of the handle structure into the bottom of the head. These fasteners are at the top of the inside of the hollow handle. With a flashlight, one can get a glimpse of them. Some very special tools would be required to replace one of these. I doubt Fiskars even bothers to do that, I imagine they simply replace the whole tool with a new one. Rick

fossil said:
Hogwildz said:

Even if they (the handles) were available someplace to the user/consumer (which, to my knowledge, they're not), removing the handle (or remnants thereof) from your tool and installing a new handle would be a real challenging project. The handle is fastened to the head by threaded fasteners through the top of the handle structure into the bottom of the head. These fasteners are at the top of the inside of the hollow handle. With a flashlight, one can get a glimpse of them. Some very special tools would be required to replace one of these. I doubt Fiskars even bothers to do that, I imagine they simply replace the whole tool with a new one. Rick

Ahhh, I thought they just sent ya a replacement handle. Gotcha

Status
Not open for further replies.