. Five ton splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Wules

Jul 30, 2015
Central RI
I have been using a ten ton manual hydraulic splitter from HF for a few years. It has served honorably but now seems ready to meet the Saints.

Does anyone have an opinion on a 5 ton electric from HF? With the coupon it's only $239. Does a 5 ton have enough power to get out of its own way? Is there another brand that's better at this price point? Should I get another manual for 90 bucks.

I have the five ton from HF and like it. I would dare say it can split anything that manual can without the grunting and groaning. I have split some rounds with it but mostly use it for Oak re-splits during the season.

I have one of the electric splitters not, HF but similar. I got mine off CL for short money.
They work surprisingly well for what it is. I split a bunch of oak and maple, it would split most
rounds OK unless they were really knotty. Much faster than a mall or Fiskers.
DSCF1162 (Medium).JPG DSCF1160 (Medium).JPG

I got the 5 ton from HF. It is a beast for such a small fellow. I slipped a 14 inch round in. It gobbled it up. If you want one go today Dec 12th or tomorrow and get the coupon on HF email for 25 per cent off and it comes to $225. Quite a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.