Flashing Experts respond here!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mxjamie540

Nov 10, 2009
southern illinois
My friend who is installing a stove this week needs help with the roof flashing. His roof is a 26/12 pitch. This is a barn style roof. He cannot seem to find any pre-made flashings that come in this severe of a pitch. He has confered with a few sheetmetal guys, but they are wanting to charge more than he can swallow.

Is there somewhere else he should be looking for such a flashing that is pre-made?

Barn or a steeple? That is a really steep pitch. Is this a gambrel style roof where the pitch softens? If so, can he move the flue inboard toward the peak?

Barn, he said he can find 24/12 online, but no luck with 26/12, at this point he is looking to use the 24/12 and do a little trimming to make it work, but he wanted me to post here to see if anybody had any better ideas.

Something ain't adding up here.
If it is a typical barn style roof, is he going through the top part, or the steep side area? and why?
Pics would be helpful.

I wish I could answer your questions, but this is not a close friend, and I have not even seen where he is installing this. Nor do I know what the particulars are on his roof. He just told me the pitch measurement and asked if I would post this info.

Check with a Mom/Pop type hardware store if you have one. Sometimes they have an 'in store' fab department.

Shari

GO with the 24/12 & trim it. It won't take much to get it right.
He's gonna FREAK when he see how big a hole he's gonna
hafta cut in his roof to accommodate that pitch.
We've got a 24/12 on our A-Frame.
The flashing & hole are huge...

Status
Not open for further replies.