Flavel Dalton install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Simmo6108

Nov 24, 2015
Northampton, Britain
Due to a "re-adjustment" of my marital status, I was given the opportunity to re-start in a new house.

Apart from an extension, new floors and new kitchen my priority was a wood-burner in place of the existing gas fire.

I managed to get it sorted and had my inaugural burn today to begin tempering the fire and curing the paint.

I picked up a 4.9kW multi-fuel burner (DEFRA approved) from a company called Flavel. Not one I had come across before but I was impressed with the reviews. It is very easy to control, perhaps in part due to the good draw.

Ready just in time for the start of spring................

Attachments

• file-23.jpeg
    file-23.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 156
  • file4.jpeg
    file4.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 169
  • file1-9.jpeg
    file1-9.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 166
  • file3-1.jpeg
    file3-1.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 151
Nice clean looking install. The addition of the wood storage nook will come in handy.

You really changed the look of the fireplace, never heard of that stove but I'm across the pond.