Flooring not flush with hearth - what would you do?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I had a similar situation to your at my old place. I wish I could find the pics I took. I had to extend my hearth to meet clearance from the front of the stove to the wood flooring . What I had to do was break out the tile and mortar/cement all the way down to the subfloor (mine was 2X6 car decking), cut that out and rebuild it all back up with new subfloor (OSB), a layer of Micore300 (mineral fiber board), layer of cement board, mortar and tile to the level of the floor. You can use Schluter stick around the edges between the tile and wood floor for a nice transition. If I can find some pics I'll post later. From your pics it looks like you could do the same.