Flue Paint

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bert670

Mar 19, 2021
Hudson Valley, NY
Had a bird in the flue this morning, had to remove the flue from the stove in order to get it out. First time having to remove the flue from the stove since getting this stove installed this past winter. The telescoping flue got scratched up pretty good. Can anyone recommend a matte black paint I can use to touch this up. I’m not very happy that this telescoping flue scratched so easily, seems like I’ll be very hesitant to remove the flue going forward. Also, couldn’t get all the screw holes to line up exactly when reinstalling it, complete PITA.

8F114DBD-9D43-41ED-8F00-A92D80DA809A.jpeg

Stove Bright Satin Black will work. You will need to repaint the entire connector pipe to make it look good, & when you fire it, it’s gonna smoke til the paint cures.