Flue temps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trey1979

Feeling the Heat
Sep 20, 2018
Mississippi
Have burnt 4 fires in my new ht2000 the first 3 without a chimney are stovetop thermometer .my i.r. thermal temp gun came in and lit my first fire 18 inches above stove I'm running about 400* is that right?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Have burnt 4 fires in my new ht2000 the first 3 without a chimney are stovetop thermometer .my i.r. thermal temp gun came in and lit my first fire 18 inches above stove I'm running about 400* is that right?

Single or double wall pipe?

If single wall then 400 surface temperature at a medium to high burn is what I get on my NC30 too. I try to not go over about 450. Later in the burn it cools into the 300s. This is trying to run the stove hot and using a stout blower.

Highbeam is running much hotter than most of us with tube stoves. I would run mine up to about 450 then shut it back trying to keep it between 250 and 300 till it dies down.

Stovetop is holding pretty steady at 500 single wall is running about 325 with her shut down on low

I sure have learned alot from you guys I appreciate it

Stovetop is holding pretty steady at 500 single wall is running about 325 with her shut down on low

Where is that in the burn? With my regency for the first few hours it would run about 300 on the stack and 600 to 700 on the top. How tall is your chimney?

Highbeam is running much hotter than most of us with tube stoves. I would run mine up to about 450 then shut it back trying to keep it between 250 and 300 till it dies down.

And burning softwoods too. Not sure if that makes for higher flue temperatures since it maybe gasses off faster.

I try and hold 700 stove top temp and yes, run the noncat hard.

And burning softwoods too. Not sure if that makes for higher flue temperatures since it maybe gasses off faster.

I try and hold 700 stove top temp and yes, run the noncat hard.
Yeah i am sure you cant hold temps nearly as long with softwoods