For those on the fence....Englander 30NC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TravisNY

Nov 14, 2018
Clinton Corners, NY
I just purchased the Englander 30nc from Home Depot to replace the VC defiant model 1945. Just wanted to give some feedback on the stove for those that are considering it..

It’s perfect. In all seriousness I don’t know what more you could ask for out of a “budget stove”. When I have this burning on low the coldest part of my house (room furthest from the stove) is 70 degrees. It’s extremely efficient and the fan works great. I load the stove around 6 in the morning, 4 in the afternoon and 9 at night and I have plenty of hot coals to start again the following morning.

I burned the VC for a couple weeks and wasn’t a fan of it (could have just been a bad stove that I got), burned a jotul for years at my parents house (and did the other night when I stopped over) and now I’m burning this and I have to say it’s the best. Easy to control, great heat output, comes with rear shield and blower, great value overall. If I could go back I would have saved myself the trouble and purchased this first.

Hope this helps some people. Thanks to everyone that helped me

Welcome to the NC30 club. Nice clean glass too.

Reactions: kodpvd