Forest fuel pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal65

Oct 3, 2006
Have anyone tried these Forest Fuel premium pellets? They had the Bear Mountain company information on the bag so I bought a ton of them for $219 from Lowes. I assumed the would be as good as the Bear Mountain or Golden Fire pellets that I burned last year. I called the Bear Mountain company and got some disappointing news. The rep told me that they are not even a Bear Mountain product. Bear Mountain packages these Canadian pellets. I guess that explains why I can't find Forest Fuel pellets on the Bear Mountain web site. They are 100% lodgepole pine with .50 ash, and 8300 btus. The Golden Fire pellets that I used last year were 100% Douglas Fir, .25 ash, and 8500 btu's. I don't like the way Bear Mountain is dealing here. They should have put repackaged by Bear Mountain on the bag. Is this a common thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.