Forgive Me, I Am about To Sin .......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No shame in that. I do the same with my propane furnace. It is what keeps wood heat fun for me. That way me and the wife can still go out, travel somewhere, or sleep late on occasion and not have to worry about being tied to the stove.

Dix, I'm really impressed you have been surviving entirely on wood the last few years. I have also been going into this heating season with less gusto than years' past. I don't know if it's all the work, discouragement from all the pests I might be dragging home to feast on my healthy trees, or just the natural drop in testosterone with age, but I'm just not looking forward to spending my evenings and Saturdays outside processing firewood like I did a few years ago.

I never did achieve 100% heating thru firewood, and sadly, the years I was burning the most wood were the years I was wasting the most heat. Now I have things buttoned up a little better, I feel like I've already worn myself out on it.

Reactions: begreen
Door gasket was the culprit?

Yep, the next morning i opened the door, and the bottom was dangling like a sorry hooker :) Add in the wind gusts that night from 35 - 50 MPH, and to quote BG "the makings of a perfect storm".

Reactions: Lake Girl
Just checking in .... really, really happy with the OB running, and working both stoves needed.

The work break is amazing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.