Found a few projects

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikefrommaine

Not sure what the wife is gonna say when she sees them all :)
Crappy pic, but you get the idea! More saws than you can see. I'm also the proud owner of 5 homelite saws which run but have stuck chain brakes. Looks like they are covered under a recall though.

If it was my wife... the first two words would be "What the"... I'm guessing you can fill in the rest of the statement.

Hehe Score!

_g damn.....Is that one 2nd from front a 372XP?

I think that ones a 268.

The prize of the bunch is a 385xp. Had it running and cutting but it shut down after 10 minutes. Tried cracking the gas cap with no luck. Checked the coil and its in two pieces. It looks like I can steal a coil from a 350 but it's a rev limited coil. Not sure I want to do that bc the 350 is a nice clean saw with a scored piston that could be rebuilt.

Looks like I can have a running 61, 268, 385 without too much trouble. Also have a stihl 028 that should run but has a broken handle. And a nice ms390 with a scored piston...

Nice score there........

I'd pirate the 350's coil and then search around for another one. They show up cheap on ebay or your best option is poke around the arboristsite. A lot of people have rev limited coils laying around after muff modding or porting saws.

Nice haul there Mike, my garage floor is almost bare now, I'm going to have to get busy again!

Swapped a few coils and rebuilt a couple chain brakes out of spare parts. Now I have a husky 61, 268 and 385 xp ready to go down the road. Not sure if I should rebuild the 350 or part it out on eBay? Been thinking maybe I should put on a 346 top end...

I rebuilt the carb on my one buddy's Husky 61 this summer and tweaked it a little. Thats a nice little bucking saw! As for the 385XP, I'd probably keep that one if I was you.

It's amazing whats out there ripe for the pickins.......people throw out and sell for dirt cheap saws that usually only need a fuel line or a quick tune-up to keep going.......I like them kind of deals! Nice score, Mike!

You'll have to wait till tomorrow. My iPad takes much better pics in daylight.

I'll throw in some pics of a craftsman and a homelite if you want.

That's a very good case of CAD you have there ;)

Looking forward to pics also.

That's a very good case of CAD you have there ;)

Looking forward to pics also.
I'm tempted to rebuild the 350 husky. That way I'd have a pretty good line up of husky or stihl saws.

I only need 4 saws, I only need 4 saws... :)

Ah sorry just listed it on cl and I have someone interested already. I'll let you know if it falls through.

It's actually got a goofy spring assist starter. If you pull it it like a regular saw you just about hit yourself in the head. At first I thought it had no compression. But if you pull the starter slowly it winds up a spring and at the end of the pull spins the flywheel. Kind of works well if you read the instructions. ;)

Here's the 385xp. Followed by the 268, not sure if it's an xp or not. The decal is wore off. And the blacktop 61. What do you think they are worth? Only problem is I only have 2 bars and 1 chain to go between the 3 saws. Though the one chain is a brand new stihl rs that came in the box of parts. :)

...... must resist making an offer...... no need....... for more saws........

...... must resist making an offer...... no need....... for more saws........
I'll make you a deal on all 3. Looks like the 385 will fit right in. And you might as well have a back up 61 and 268...

How much you got?

Pm sent ;)

Results from the forensic investigation of the decal leads me to believe it is an xp. Not sure what difference that makes? The first two serial numbers are 92.

The se/xp was the older design with a closed port cylinder.

The newer were open port design. Both made 67cc's but the earlier closed ports made more power.

I can't quite see the recoil sticker in your pics..... is there a 300th anniversary sticker on the top cover?

Has the 300 sticker. Looks like the start of an x on side decal.

Status
Not open for further replies.