Found this on craigslist. What do you think?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Not often that a product works better than advertised!
Only rated to 2200 SF.
Hers does 2500...

Regardless of the misinformation in the CL ad, now that I know what it actually is i can research it. :)
Is this a good stove, and is it a good price if in good condition?

Dont know much about them......I paid less then that for my Harman on Craigslist

imacman and and others have Englander stove and most are pretty happy with them. There is an ebay seller who offers new 'refurbed' Englander stoves with a warranty AND free shipping for under $1K... and Mike Holten from England stove Works is a regular here so you will have excellent customer support... very important.

krooser said:
imacman and and others have Englander stove and most are pretty happy with them. There is an ebay seller who offers new 'refurbed' Englander stoves with a warranty AND free shipping for under $1K... and Mike Holten from England stove Works is a regular here so you will have excellent customer support... very important.

I purchased my refurbished Englander from Andy off ebay for $760 out of season, and I couldn't be happier. Still not sure why it was a refurbished model, and the warranty is good as gold. Mike Holton is always around and more than happy to help.

The only minor hitch is the shipping is to a local depot near you, not to your house. So you will need a minivan, pickup or trailer to get it home. Still, I would definitely recommend going this route.

I bought my well used Jamestown for $250. Unless stoves go for a premium in your area, or that stove is young and in great shape I'd move on or offer them less.

dac122 said:
.....The only minor hitch is the shipping is to a local depot near you, not to your house. So you will need a minivan, pickup or trailer to get it home.......

For an additional $50, they will deliver to your doorstep.....that's what I did, and the truck driver even helped me get it up on the deck so I could un-crate it.

zenn68 said:
http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/for/1975032983.html

Talked to the lady selling it, says it's a New England, did a search but cant find any reference to a New England brand pellet stove, maybe she meant Englander.
Does anybody know what it is so I can do some research before going to look at it tonight.

junk

Status
Not open for further replies.