FPX flush hybrid blower kick in time?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmitry

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2014
CT
The manual says blower should kick in after 15-30 min. I had trouble with it my last two fires. First time the stove was hot at 500F at the top, the box was filled with fire for good 40-50 min. I was tired of waiting and wasting heat, so I closed bypass and cat was engaged with very bright orange color. Called the store ,they said to open bypass and call them in 15 min if fan is not working. 10 min later the fan was on. Second time I waited almost 50 min with my bypass open for the blower to kick in. It was full box and hot fire around 500 at the hottest spot on a door with insert throwing lot of heat.
Is it normal?
Even if it is ,it does not make sense to me because once my blower is engaged it works until the stove is completely cold . In the morning ,when its just warm to touch with some red coals, it's still blowing if I put it on. So I can start fire with some kindling and then put the blower on at my discretion when fire is going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.