FPX Glass Tape Adhesive

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sadsak

Aug 16, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I have searched every way I can think of, but I just cannot seem to find an answer to my question, so here goes -

I have a FPX 36 with the single door. During the cleaning of the glass, I managed to loosen the seal of the tape tape that runs along the top of the glass. It is only loose in one area (maybe 2 inches). Is there some sort of adhesive I can but to glue the tape back onto the glass? Please note, I am not talking about the rope gaskets. This is the thin tape gasket that folds over the top of the glass.

Thanks, in advance.

David.

The adhesive on the gasket is only intended to help keep the gasket in place when the glass is installed in the doorframe. Your rope gasket is still in decent shape and tucked into the channel firmly?

My fear is that the door itself is warped. I've seen this several times with the single door FPX. Put a straight edge on it and see.

Reactions: Leiper
The adhesive on the gasket is only intended to help keep the gasket in place when the glass is installed in the doorframe. Your rope gasket is still in decent shape and tucked into the channel firmly?

My fear is that the door itself is warped. I've seen this several times with the single door FPX. Put a straight edge on it and see.

I checked and the door is good. The tape is loose on the back of the door. I have attached a photo this time to make things a bit clearer. I want to reattach the tape to the glass so that ti does not get frayed.

Attachments

• DSC_5056.jpg
    DSC_5056.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 119
The gasket is always loose on the inside. I don't think any adhesive would hold up in that location. Not without making a mess anyway. How is it getting frayed?

Reactions: Leiper
The gasket is always loose on the inside. I don't think any adhesive would hold up in that location. Not without making a mess anyway. How is it getting frayed?

Some dumb ass (aka me) has gotten a little careless when cleaning the glass and rubbed up against the edge of the gasket.

So basically, don't worry about it?

Some dumb ass (aka me) has gotten a little careless when cleaning the glass and rubbed up against the edge of the gasket.

So basically, don't worry about it?
Ya, no worries. It won't matter as long as the glass stays tight against the gasket.

Mine did too, uh maybe like 3 yrs ago. :) I just pushed it back up a lil' bit and made sure it was still getting a good seal and have been fine ever since. I also now make sure when I clean window or whatever it doesn't have to be perfect and not interfere with the view and you don't even notice once closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.