FPX Large Flush Insert Failing? Help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you able to see/find any mechanical components and maybe break them loose?

I'll check in the morning. Not feeling terribly inclined to tinker with a brand new stove after burning a few kindling splits. Search of this site shows that people have experienced sicking of the bypass on other FPX inserts.

I checked again. It's working now, but I can see it sliding open and closed, though it's not smooth like one would want. I'm going to start another thread so as to not hijack this one. Feeling like there might be some installation issues or something.

The bypass rod runs through the output/liner connection. I had to notch the liner starter to clear it. Maybe they didn't notch it enough or the liner dropped a bit and put pressure on it.

I know it's an ancient post, but if the poster is still around - did you get this resolved?

I've been very impressed with mine and have no complaints.

I had a big warranty issue this year, the cat was falling apart and the greensrsrt function. Burned up for the second time. They got me new parts and they still didn't work so they are contacting the manufacturor about that whole issue. I think that I still have allots the same issues though. This year I got a bunch of dry wood and have it seasoned and covered on the shed...it's all lodge pole and bone dry plus I have a little of last year's wood all dried out as well but we haven't had any really cold Temps yet , so it's hard to say for sure. But the other night we had the house up to 72ish and left the fire at 10pm and when we loaded it in the am the house was down to 45...brrr....we've got the propane on now too. So to sum it up, I'll get back to you a little later in the year to let you know for sure, but at this point I'd nevery buy another Travis industries product or fpx or even an insert ever again....I'm extremely disappointed

Something is wrong man! Mine is a workhorse, warming the whole house all night, every night. No propane usage yet this year.

By "dry wood", what do you mean? I am suspect. Have you measured it with a MM? It ought be less than 20% for a good burn. I don't have the "GreenStart" option. I have heard complaints regarding that feature, but it would have no impact to your issues.

"72 in the eve and 45 in morn" is ridiculous! Either you live in a home with little/no insulation or it was -60 deg that night. At 20deg outside, I can get main room (cathedral ceilings) to a balmy 77 and wake to small bed of embers and a house at 72. Something isn't adding up.

Are you sure you aren't missing key factors - dry wood, good draft, insulation, etc?

And the fact that your cat failed so soon, leads me to suspect you are dealing in wet wood.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 260
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.