Free logs!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Junebug90

Oct 14, 2014
Michigan
I talked to some guys clearing and burning 40 acres. They now have let me stop by when I can and they load my trailer. So far I got two loads but hope to get two more
20170215_135546.jpg
20170217_141803.jpg
20170219_155205.jpg
loads one and two plus it unloaded in my yard. I think the first load was mostly boxelder and the second was a lot of silver maple, one oak and 2 dogwood.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20170217_141813.jpg
    20170217_141813.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 159
Nice. There's a guy in my area clearing his lot of 50+ trees and having it all up for grabs. Problem is he's catering more towards loggers because he says he won't cut anything shorter than 12' and won't allow anyone to cut on his property. Oh well.

Are you sure that first load is box elder and not ash? I get the two confused a bit in pics,
It's a lot easier to tell in person.

Nice. There's a guy in my area clearing his lot of 50+ trees and having it all up for grabs. Problem is he's catering more towards loggers because he says he won't cut anything shorter than 12' and won't allow anyone to cut on his property. Oh well.

Are you sure that first load is box elder and not ash? I get the two confused a bit in pics,
It's a lot easier to tell in person.
I have a 20' trailer so I'm OK with long ones. I'm 80% sure boxelder. Most the ash around here all was killed by the ash bore

Love it when the farmers clear and want to burn. I wound up with 2 cords of cherry and 1 of oak that way. Good score keep your eyes open there is wood everywhere if you look in the right places. Free heat, some people just giving it away..

Reactions: D8Chumley
I'd put all my time into hauling the best stuff home as fast as possible. Free wood won't last forever.

Rock on with that!

I got there late today. They already packed up for the day. I'll be there tomorrow with a case of thank yous for them.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Really nice! I hope that is a lift trailer :)

Really nice! I hope that is a lift trailer :)
Haha nope. It's called a chain and a truck to get them off. Told my wife to let me get a crane and I won't drag them through the yard haha.

Reactions: toddnic
Haha nope. It's called a chain and a truck to get them off. Told my wife to let me get a crane and I won't drag them through the yard haha.

Thankfully when I was moving big logs, a friend had a big dump trailer, and another friend had a very large dually truck to pull it :)

Reactions: Junebug90
Yesterdays haul
09afff9242164bdd5eb8685df5d6afe0.jpg
The trailer brake away came out in the field and so the trailer then was dragging and caused everything to get stuck. The truck trailer a bobcat. It was something. Does anyone know what kind of wood this is?
d2e1c9ab4d5b008f2ec95c07b230d650.jpg

My guesses are butternut or tulip, which is also known as yellow poplar or tulip poplar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Junebug90