Fresh Pellets From My Local Dealer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
I ran over to ESES, my local stove dealer, to pick up a pallet of Uncle Jed's pellets yesterday.

I brought my neighbor along who has a Thelin Gnome stove heating his small apartment. I also had an e-coupon good for one free bag of pellets.... plus my buddy got one, too.

Anywho... we loaded up my pick-up and noticed that the pellets had been bagged on December 11th... two days before I bought 'em. ESES has a bagging facility and bags their own pellets at their bulk facility a few miles away. They buy bulk pellets by the rail carload.... so I guess I have "fresh" pellets.

I loaded 40 bags onto an old Pepsi display cart that I've used for years as a tire rack in my shop. I soon found out that 1600 lbs of pellets makes the cart hard to push!!!! I used my F150 to nudge it into my garage. So much for my idea of rolling that cart over to my kitchen door and unloading pellets as we need 'em!

I did the same thing with my Nissan Xterra when I had my first ton of pellets delivered to the house thisy ear. The crane on the truck could only place the load at the entrance to my garage. I used the truck to push it back into pace at the back of the garage. Elsewhere I've read that a pellet jack is a useful tool to have around. You can move your pallets of pellets around with ease. We Pellet burners are a resourceful lot I think.

Stan

I'm going to have to pick up a pallet early next month- what were they charging?

I ran over to ESES, my local stove dealer, to pick up a pallet of Uncle Jed’s pellets yesterday.

My wife and I were on our way to Appelton shopping and swung in for my free bag of Uncle Jeds. I also picked up a bag of Eureka pellets to try (haven't tried yet). I purchased a skid of the Heartland pellets three weeks ago and have been burning those. After burning the Jeds and Heartland, I think the Jeds burned about the same as Heartland and had less fines. I still have a half skid of Jeds and a half skid of Heartland to pickup, but I think this springs early buyer program will be two skids of Jeds...........

Status
Not open for further replies.