furnace reviews

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arro222

Aug 2, 2013
RI
Anyone have an opinion on their Energy King 385 or Blaze King Apex. Dealer near me sells both and states way less wood s used by Blaze King. Nothing like opinions coming from experience however.

Anyone have an opinion on their Energy King 385 or Blaze King Apex. Dealer near me sells both and states way less wood s used by Blaze King. Nothing like opinions coming from experience however.

Ask him for names of customers who own each of those brands. Talk with them and see what they say. Bear in mind that no two places heat the same even if they are close in square footage.

Unfortunately, he has not sold a single Apex as he just took on the Blaze King products. I would be his first sale of the Apex. I full well realize that no two houses burn the same but one can get an idea if houses are similar. He has about 20 customers who own the Energy King however most of these are customers who own the old Energy Kings. I spoke with one and said he uses 6 or 7 cords to heat 1600 sq ft (log home like mine) keeping it between 68-72*. He had to chuck in wood every 4 or 5 hours to do this. I'm coming from a hooded Quadrafire placed in the unfinished basement that only used 5 cords to keep my house between 66 and 68* and went at least 8 hrs between refueling. I also burned a month longer than he going from Oct to the end of April. Coldest days needing oil fired supplement. I'm thinking there would be an advantage with an epa furnace over the epa wood stove. His claim is that I'll only need 3.5 cords with the Apex but he is going by what the manufacturer is stating. Thought or was hoping someone most own an Apex on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.