Gas problems :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HotLogs

Mar 17, 2014
Indianer
What do you guys do to prevent ur plastic gas cans from collapsing in the winter?

P.s. I've spilled more gas from these new gas cans than I don't know what. Very very horrible products.

I've switched over to the No-Spill brand cans. Not had a problem yet. Only downside is that for large volumes theyre slow.

P.s. I've spilled more gas from these new gas cans than I don't know what.
Whoever designed these new gas cans has obviously never actually used one. I can appreciate efforts to prevent recklessly spilling gas everywhere, but I've spilled way more with these silly valves not shutting off in time or leaking all over themselves than I ever did with a regular spout and vent can.

Reactions: jeffesonm
Whoever designed these new gas cans has obviously never actually used one. I can appreciate efforts to prevent recklessly spilling gas everywhere, but I've spilled way more with these silly valves not shutting off in time or leaking all over themselves than I ever did with a regular spout and vent can.

We live in the nanny state now, every aspect of our lives must and will be controlled because we can't think for our selves. We must keep telling our selves "big brother knows best". I for one just want to say thanks big brother, I never would have figured out how to put the cap on the gas can to keep it from spilling. Way to have my back.

Edit: Sorry for the OT rant. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: David.Ervin
Status
Not open for further replies.