Gasket material for a firepot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lineman30

Feeling the Heat
Jul 9, 2010
Northeastern Oklahoma
Just wondering is there any alternates for firepot gaskets. Went to my dealer and he has nothing in stock. Had to order one. I'm trying to do some troubleshooting. I've read a few threads on here about other gasket material. Is there anything that might work.

is it a lytherm gasket? (sorta looks like felt-ish) if so, you can find it in sheets (like paper) at a plumbing supply place.

Delta-T said:
is it a lytherm gasket? (sorta looks like felt-ish) if so, you can find it in sheets (like paper) at a plumbing supply place.

It is a lythem gasket. Are you talking about a HVAC/plumbing store? Do they use it in plumbing or HVAC?

I'm not sure how they use it in plumbing/Hvac, but some of my customers who are in that field comment how they get the material from these places, yes HVAC/plumbing stores.

Be absolutely certain that what you use has the proper temperature rating not all things labeled lytherm carry the same ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.