Gearin' up to burn 2 cords this weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Firing up the kiln this weekend, so I called the wood dude for some wood, dude. This is slab stuff- I get pine at $50/cord and hardwood for $100 delivered which in terms of time investment is a steal.

Usually 2 guys show up in a truck- the passenger is always drinking a beer. This time- 2 trucks, and they brought wives. Everyone pokes through pottery I have sitting on my well- seconds and cracked stuff- and I let them take away a few things that make the ladies smile. I like to think the whole episode got someone laid.

So I'll be finished loading the beast tonight, do a warmup fire tonight, slowly toast all day tomorrow, then on Sunday it's off to the races, holding at 2300F for maybe 10 hours and topping off at about 2370F. Maybe I should go stretch now.

Adios Pantalones said:
Firing up the kiln this weekend, so I called the wood dude for some wood, dude. This is slab stuff- I get pine at $50/cord and hardwood for $100 delivered which in terms of time investment is a steal.

Usually 2 guys show up in a truck- the passenger is always drinking a beer. This time- 2 trucks, and they brought wives. Everyone pokes through pottery I have sitting on my well- seconds and cracked stuff- and I let them take away a few things that make the ladies smile. I like to think the whole episode got someone laid.

So I'll be finished loading the beast tonight, do a warmup fire tonight, slowly toast all day tomorrow, then on Sunday it's off to the races, holding at 2300F for maybe 10 hours and topping off at about 2370F. Maybe I should go stretch now.

Vid it dammit....! and put some catchy music to it for SOTW next week..

AP, sounds like what the sugaring folks do around here.
No one fires the pans at a gazillion degrees though. :lol:
More pics please, or vids if you can spare the time away from the process. I knew a couple many moons ago who did the pottery thing (worked w/the husband), but they sure as heck didn't have that big ol' kiln like you have.

Pretty cool AP...the stock music ain't too bad either...
Bet the eyelashes get singed a lil bit... :gulp:
It really is an amazing process...
me likey... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.