Generators and transfer switches

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBCOOPER

Minister of Fire
Jan 23, 2010
Stowe, Pa
Surfing the net looking for ideas for a propane powered backup power system and came across this site with a lot of interesting systems especially the transfer switch with programmable load shedding.

http://www.genconnexdirect.net/index.htm

I have auto-transfer on my 17.6 kW Onan. Love it and have had no problems running the Harman, and the rest of the house with it.

Just a way to utilize a smaller generator to its maximum potential. It works quite well.

I have a 10k Generac with the whole house smart switch. Runs everything I have and will shed load as needed then bring it back up when its safe to do so. I have yet to see it drop a circuit. It was actually delivered a week after Sandy, but I never lost power any way. I've had a handful of 2 to 10 hour outages since install with no problems. Happy wife, happy life.

Status
Not open for further replies.