Get prepared now. Winter is coming next week.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the over night snow storm last night and the bitter cold this week, I made sure I stocked a little extra wood so no running to the supply pile until next weekend!

Attachments

• wood supply.JPG
    wood supply.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 143
  • burn supply.JPG
    burn supply.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 150
It's been mild here in WNC and Asheville area for the last week. Mind you, I'm used to Antarctica cold, so it's all relative.

Tweaked my back but good 9 days ago splitting oak and locust with a 12 lb. maul. I was 10 minutes into the session when I did it, but went ahead and finished
as I knew my wife would appreciate and want a fire. Put in a good 10 days worth of cut and split.

Today was my first day back at it. I hadn't heard the news about coming cold, but just had a feeling. I spent an hour with my chainsaw cutting oak and locust to fit my Intrepid and Resolute. Garage wood is up, as is the house. I'll be able to wrench on my cars, comfortably, and keep Chateau Loco warm too. Happily, my back feels better; amazing what 600mg of Ibuprofen before the work and two Red Hook Long Hammer IPA can do for a happy body :)

Now if we can just the hot tub back up and running. It's motor crapped out heating after refilling Friday night.

It's always something.

Status
Not open for further replies.