Get the Wood In! Updated

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Looks like another storm setting up for late this week so the wood pile will get smaller again when we push more wood in during the week instead of the weekend.

Wonder how long it will be before they change it.

Zap

Attachments

• 400x266_02211452_lateweekus.jpg
    400x266_02211452_lateweekus.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 441
  • 400x266_02221750_stormpotential.jpg
    400x266_02221750_stormpotential.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 143
I have a love-hate thing with these posts.
Love that we have the forewarning, but hate that we have the weather coming.
I loaded up the porch a little yesterday, maybe I'll do some more today.
Forecast was calling for 6" or more, we got about 1.5". The cold forecast is usually opposite,...where they call for 10, but we get -10.
Weird,......and cold winter, so far.
Supposed to go help friends get the maple trees tapped this weekend. Not sure that'll happen if it's THAT cold.

Looks like I'll be getting Strong T-Storms - maybe it will knock down some trees by the woods. :D

Temps dropping like a rock here! Thanks zap......

Jags said:
Great - snow and cold. :blank:

Jags, it does suck but the other night when we had strong winds and the power went out the Liberty was still crankin out the heat.

Zap

smokinjay said:

Smokin, are you getting the ice yet?

Zap

zapny said:
Jags said:
Great - snow and cold. :blank:

Jags, it does suck but the other night when we had strong winds and the power went out the Liberty was still crankin out the heat.

Zap

We lost power on Sunday for a bit. Nothing too serious and the old IR kept pumping out the heat. The 3 year old grandboy was convinced that the TV needed new batteries.

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

Smokin, are you getting the ice yet?

Zap

No but it could change over any Min. now.

I threw a bunch in the basement yesterday, before the snow. I came in, made coffee, then went down to stack it. When I came up an hour or so later, it was snowing hard, about two inches on the ground. I was pretty proud of myself :smirk:.

Bad thing is, I've got almost all of the ash and soft maple I had ready for this winter inside. I hope it's enough, our I'll have to finish up with two year seasoned oak that was gonna be three years seasoned next winter.

Wish I would have seen this post about 3 hours ago...we're getting buried. The wood stacks are no longer recognizable.

Looks good Loon, we'll be pushing some in on Wednesday night.

Zap

loon said:
its in zap ;-)

DSC09595.jpg

DSC09623.jpg

good till next sunday...

loon

LOL Awesome Idea! Give that man a Bud Lite...

[quote author="smokinjay"

Smokin, looks like it could get real crappy in these areas later this week.

Zap

Attachments

• svr-threat-022211-600x318.jpg
    svr-threat-022211-600x318.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 175
The map (from accuweather.com) that Zap posted first shows us also in the snow area. However, NOAA says only an inch or two. Accuweather shows us in the snow area for their graphic, but in their text, they don't even forecast as much as a flurry of snow for us. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.