Getting a h2100... blower vs no blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

swanderek

Jan 16, 2018
Tacoma, WA
Does anyone have any input if the blower fan is something that really helps on the H2100? Is it worth the $300, plus sticking out 4 more inches?

Yes - it does help.

When I purchased our H2100 in October '17, the blower came part of a deal where they offered it for "free". I did some quasi-scientific testing and did notice for our home environment, the temperature gauge would increase at a faster rate when the fan was on. I never needed to have the fan on "high" as the "low" setting was more than enough to heat the living and dining rooms plus the kitchen to over 80 degrees.

It doesn't really stick out. The ash lip on the front is flush with the blower unit just below.

Would it heat our home in case of a power failure? Yes. Perhaps not as hot, or as quick to heat the space compared to the blower being on, but having the H2100 provide both radiant as well as convective heat helps as it sits completely on the hearth and the shield hides the run of pipe from the back up the chimney.

Reactions: Sailrmike and DAKSY