Getting a new saw for this year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I guess I'm not very nostalgic! I do appreciate their history but I don't need to muck about running them any more now that the new stuff is so much better.

I'm just thankful the Mrs doesn't see it that way. ;lol

I guess I'm not very nostalgic! I do appreciate their history but I don't need to muck about running them any more now that the new stuff is so much better.
You should make up your mind...
You are running a 20 yr old saw with old technology.The new saws are better and come with computers to tune the saw to keep it running in tune and efficiently ,plus new anti vibe that is better than 20 yr old rubber.
The way you talk about your 026 makes you sound very nostalgic,no it isn't the best saw ever made and i can say that because i have 6 or so.

You should make up your mind...
You are running a 20 yr old saw with old technology.The new saws are better and come with computers to tune the saw to keep it running in tune and efficiently ,plus new anti vibe that is better than 20 yr old rubber.
The way you talk about your 026 makes you sound very nostalgic,no it isn't the best saw ever made and i can say that because i have 6 or so.

No, I'm running a saw less than a year old with a computer chip to adjust choke/fuel mixture. It's a Stihl MS 261 C-M. Yes, it's better than saws from 20 years ago.