Getting ready to take advantage of Irene

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mywaynow

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2010
Northeast
We were soaked today with rain. We have been rained on hard 2 other times in the past week or so. Irene is coming to visit on Sunday and she sounds pis*ed off! The saw will be full of liquids and the trailer will be on the truck by Sunday morning. Hope it is not too bad, but it does not sound like we are going to get away with a light swat this time. Evacuating the Jersey Shore tomorrow morning, and NYC transit will be shut down over the weekend. Going to get interesting.

just hoping i dont loose power for to long.

NATE379 said:
Who is Irene, your mom in law?
haha that's funny. Thats my grandmas name.

Get your chains Perfect! Maybe awhile before you get another chance to do so! Rock on... ;-)

It rained all day here yesterday in Maryland, but it is sunny right now. Probably the calm before the storm. If the weather holds until my wife gets home, I am going to mow the grass before it is a foot long after Irene stops by. Plus, I might be busy cutting wood after Irene leaves. I'd prefer it head out to sea, but will deal with it if it decides to come this way. Like the Jersey Shore, they have evacuated Ocean City, Maryland.

To the tune of Leaving on a Jet Plan:

My chains are sharp, I'm ready to cut

The storm is coming, the rain will be raw

So gas the saw and smile with me,

Show me that cordwood destiny

Hold me now, don't ever cut a crow

Cause I'm filling, all my wood rows,

Don't know when it will happen again.......

So nervous here on the south shore of Long Island...... we could use some prayers. Will post updates. Good luck to all!

Just a follow-up. Irene took advantage of me. More good wood on the ground than I can think about right now. She beat me good with flooding. Trees will wait for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.