Getting there

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up to 4, and 4 more will make at least one "severe" winter. Ash, cherry and silver maple, so I think I'll be fine.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Go for it guys. Great feeling to be sitting on a year or two extra. Good luck scrounging!

I'll be at 7 cords in about two weeks. That's about a two year supply. I'm done. Lol all but 2 cords was free.

Now to get my stove in in a few weeks. Lol

Reactions: Woody Stover
Getting ahead is a lot of work but it is worth it! Great feeling! Good work.

Go for it guys. Great feeling to be sitting on a year or two extra. Good luck scrounging!
Getting ahead is a lot of work but it is worth it! Great feeling! Good work.
I'm the 'wood logistics guy' for five households. I need to cut, split and stack about four cords to keep our stove, and MIL's, three years ahead. Then I want to cut another six or so (they'll split and stack) for the rest of them, to get them two years ahead. Sure would be nice to have a tree guy start dropping some wood, but there's only one house that has a good drop area....

Status
Not open for further replies.