Glass gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trey1979

Feeling the Heat
Sep 20, 2018
Mississippi
These pictures are of my door gasket on my drolet I believe its sealed are hope it is..does this look normal?
c3aa1a8060f05a2a2661191d5fdbbd51.jpg 728b31e64f9f20aa14c7549c79033eeb.jpg f12dea0ff72a761510a77da3ed016409.jpg 8aefd0c91ebc10569eaefdcc785bf8b5.jpg
2018 drolet ht2000

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you do the Test (Dollar Bill) for Door Gasket? Gettting SMoke? Looks fine, but looks are not what counts. The gasket on the Glass looks flaky to me. Not around the glass right. If your getting smoke look there. Sorry no Dollar Bill test for that.

Did you do the Test (Dollar Bill) for Door Gasket? Gettting SMoke? Looks fine, but looks are not what counts. The gasket on the Glass looks flaky to me. Not around the glass right. If your getting smoke look there. Sorry no Dollar Bill test for that.
Dollar bill test is good on door I finally got her crunk up the other night and it was fierce just making sure it's ok and dont run away from me..I'm not having smoke of any kind to talk about it reacts to adjustments on the air control so I assume it is ok

2018 drolet ht2000

And the vermacast baffles on top pushes all the way back right?

2018 drolet ht2000

The glass is clear so it's hard to see the edges. As long as the gasket is under the glass it's most likely sealing well. If it wasn't there would be dark deposits building up in that area.

The glass is clear so it's hard to see the edges. As long as the gasket is under the glass it's most likely sealing well. If it wasn't there would be dark deposits building up in that area.
I had just cleaned it I will add a picture after burning today and tonight I sure hope its alright considering the stove is new

2018 drolet ht2000

It's still clean after 6 hours of easy low burning probably good eh?
d6974499fcdf092a3ad709e612754001.jpgcd6356c248822a1577e84873e1623aa1.jpg

2018 drolet ht2000

Last edited by a moderator:
The door has the dollar bill test, the actual glass against the frame has the movement test (pinch the outside and inside glass with hand and try to move it in all directions) and also the streak test ( deposits on the inside glass at near the gasket edge) yours looks good to do by sight, although the second pic in the first set of pics is suspect (top right corner) but to hard to tell.

Your have noted your reloading on hot coals at 10 hrs. Unlikely you have a bad glass gasket issue! Not guaranteed to be the case but sure indicates your good;) My buddies HT runs the same. In all respects you have questioned. Guessing your place is staying toasty?