glass is getting pretty dirty..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still like the ASH method. The materials are always right there next to the window.

mtnxtreme said:
Fire Bug said:
mtnxtreme said:
Regular "Easy Off" foam oven cleaner takes it right off, just wipe with a paper towel, it's cheap and can be gotten at any grocery store.

I am not to sure I would want to use any type of oven cleaner on any type of ceramic glasss without having some type of adverse results.
Be carefull of this. I would imagine oven cleaner is almost like some form of acid and will permantly damage the ceramic glass sooner or later.

All I can say is I've been using it on my glass for like 10 years no prob, so far!

Hey, if its ashes or ovencleaner and it works for you, with positive results, thats all you can ask for! Do it to it!!

I have found that after getting the majority of the residue cleaned off by using just plain water and a paper towel use a magic eraser to clean the rest, it works!

JoeS said:
I have found that after getting the majority of the residue cleaned off by using just plain water and a paper towel use a magic eraser to clean the rest, it works!

Joe, I agree with you 100%, these magic errasers truely do work magic. They are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.