Good Friday was a good Friday!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokedragon

Minister of Fire
Feb 27, 2014
Greensboro, NC
So I found a guy who had logs that he decided not to get sawn into lumber, 10 - 12 foot in length and he loaded for me with his front end loader........Here is a picture of how I spent part of my day off on Friday.

wood score good friday.jpg

Oak and pine with one small (8" diameter) gum log.

He has another load this size or slightly bigger of all white and pin oak. Going back when he has the time and getting him to load me again.

Now that is what I call a GOOD FRIDAY ::-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Better than finding painted eggs. ;lol

Heck of a score!

Awesome. I would be tempted to chain them and drive away. Cutting on the trailer seems a bit odd to me (and maybe its just me;))

Great find! I also cut on my trailer when I can. You are able to cut into managable rounds this way, and it is nice and level, and gets the wood off the ground, saving on the back.

Cutting on the trailer seems a bit odd to me (and maybe its just me;))

I cut the top logs, unload them, work my way down.

When I get to the layer against my trailer floor, it is just like cutting on the ground. Cut 3/4 through, then roll.

I actually like it better than on the ground, and I can cut them up when I want to (versus having to cut them up on his property and then load them).

Going back for another load next week, and he will load the logs for me again.

What's the dark center core rounds?

nice load

That is a great find. Front end loader is always a plus!

What's the dark center core rounds?
I know it is an oak, but am unsure of the specific species. Those rounds have been stacked to be split at a later date and that dark center is already getting light in color (nearly the color of the sap wood).

I know it is an oak, but am unsure of the specific species. Those rounds have been stacked to be split at a later date and that dark center is already getting light in color (nearly the color of the sap wood).
Possible Pin Oak.

I thought that too........Either way, I will take any of the oaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.